Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Part 2, the pictures

The view of the stern, the small hole is the one I drilled to drain the hull. It will replace the dumb drain on the upper left.
Rigged, yes the sail is dirty, so are all the lines, which will be replaced.
The rudder and dagger board, which is a big piece of solid mahogany.
The crack in the foot well, don't quite know the best way to fix this yet. The tape is to try and keep any more water from getting in.
There are a number of cracks in the gel coat, like these.
Holes in the deck, rectangles, wonder what made them.

The big hole in the hull, very jagged edges.

So there she is, yep, I gots some work to do.


1 comment:

  1. that looks to be similar overall condition to my Super Porpoise, but I paid a whopping $50 for mine! I dug up a bit about their history and wrote a blog post about it here

    good luck with the restoration, and keep us posted over at the Sunfish Forum.

    cheers, my2fish

    ReplyDelete